Our residency has led Southern California in occupational and environmental health and safety training for more than 20 years. Our program is known for excellent clinical training, producing quality physicians who lead the field of occupational and environmental medicine (OEM).
We’re the only OEM residency nationwide offering an integrated intern year (PGY-1) with clinical training in addition to traditional PGY-2 year admission. Interns are guaranteed one of the three PGY-2 residency positions available each year. Occupational & Environmental Medicine Residency.
Why Choose Us
- Excellent clinical training: Specialty rotations and a variety of cases prepare you for a career in occupational medicine upon graduation.
- Financial compensation and benefits: Your tuition is waived for Master of Public Health coursework (about a $50,000 value). You will also receive a full salary similar to residents of other specialties.
- Career opportunities: All our graduates have had job offers upon graduation. Recent graduates pursued jobs in corporate and clinical settings.
- Focus on wholeness: We prioritize resident satisfaction, with previous residents reporting great work-life balance in ACGME surveys.
- Fellowship track: Graduates of other residency programs have the option to pursue a one-year fellowship track.