For men, a healthy heart is a vital part of maintaining overall physical, mental and emotional wellness; however, with modern-day conveniences, stress and poor lifestyle habits, it's easy for men to slowly damage their hearts and overall health.
The following statistics highlight how important it is for men to maintain their heart health:
- More than 322,000 American men died from heart disease in 2008.
- Most men will experience their first heart attack around the age of 66.
- About 80 percent of all cases of heart failure occur in men.
The good news is that with a few lifestyle changes and the right medical supervision, men can improve their heart health sooner than they think!
Heart and Vascular Care at Loma Linda University Health
For more than 20 years, Loma Linda University Health has been committed to providing men with cutting-edge, patient-centered care in a professional, caring manner. Our holistic healthcare approach focuses on:
- Diagnosing and treating men's heart conditions
- Teaching men how to improve their heart health to prevent future heart problems
At Loma Linda University Health, our highly trained staff has an extensive background in comprehensively treating men of all ages with a variety of heart-related conditions, including but are not limited to:
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Enlarged heart
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Heart failure or cardiomyopathy
- High cholesterol
- Marfan Syndrome
Our services also extend to the realm of preventative care and rehabilitation to ensure that men regain their optimal heart health. Some of these services are offered through our Center for Health Promotion and include but are not limited to:
- Educational classes and seminars specifically geared toward men through our Cardiovascular Health and Wellness Department
- Help quitting smoking
- Nutritional counseling to help men develop and stick to a heart healthy diet
- Regular checkups