“Our program helps physicians choose the medical specialty in which they will thrive.”
Our aim is to bring a group of interns who are committed to whole person care from a variety of levels of initial competency to full competency. We meet them where they are, customizing the training for each learner based on their history and their goals.
We work together to find their unique place in medicine – thus, to ultimately realize their dreams.
- More elective rotations than most transitional year programs
- Four tracks: Classic, General Preventive Medicine, Occupational Medicine, and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- The surrounding area provides lower cost of living and quick access to beaches, mountains and deserts.
- Curriculum. The focus of our curriculum is different for each resident. We meet you where you are, customizing training based on your history and goals.
- Facilities. Our program is based at the Loma Linda University Health Medical Center, the region’s first Level-1 trauma hospital.
- Research. As part of an academic medical center, we offer elective research rotations for the specialties you’ll be entering after training.
“From the outset, our residents are allowed the autonomy to carve out and solidify their future categorical pathways by way of individualized electives and mentorships”.