I led out in community updates during the COVID-19 pandemic in addition to my core clinical responsibilities in obesity medicine. With the skills I learned at Loma Linda University, combined with a top-notch MPH training and field work, I am well-positioned to serve as a preventive medicine doctor.
The Preventive Medicine Residency focuses on lifestyle medicine and whole person care. As a resident in our program, you’ll enjoy a highly supportive learning environment where your health is a top priority.
Why Choose Us
- Residents in our program enjoy free tuition for a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree.
- The lifestyle medicine residency curriculum (LMRC) brings lifestyle factors to the forefront of prevention and treatment. The LMRC is a national initiative to incorporate lifestyle medicine into residency programs. LLU is not only an early adopter of this program, but also helped create the curriculum in collaboration with the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Our culinary medicine curriculum is a quarterly plant-based whole food laboratory which allows you to further explore the links between food and health. You cook in a state-of-the-art teaching kitchen with other residents to learn how food can treat and reverse disease.
- Our program has trained the next generation of preventive medicine experts for over 40 years.
- You have the option to pursue a one-year fellowship track.
WHAT OUR LEADERSHIP IS SAYING
Karen R. Studer, MD, MBA, MPH
We are looking for applicants who are passionate about living, learning and teaching lifestyle medicine and applying that to the larger context of public health.View Profile