“Addiction robs one of their autonomy in many ways. We aim to train fellows who can partner with patients, empowering them to reclaim that autonomy.”
The LLU Addiction Medicine Fellowship aims to train physicians in whole person care, preventing illness and promoting the recovery of people facing substance use disorders. Our goal is to improve physical, psychological, social, economic, cultural and spiritual health for those we serve.
During your time in our fellowship program, you will:
- Integrate aspects of public health into the treatment of addiction.
- Experience a wide demographic of patients and their families.
- Gain meaningful knowledge about neuroscience and psychopharmacotherapy.
- Diagnose and manage chronic pain. Manage psychiatric comorbidities.
- Network with experts in the field over our integrated virtual didactics, and in committees and conferences.