Go ahead and put breakfast back to bed, these pancakes are headed directly to the dinner table! Savory and filling while being totally gluten free, this patty is a protein powerhouse. When combined with a salad and/or steamed vegetable, your dinner is ready!
Recipe: Cauliflower Cheddar Pancakes
Servings per recipe: 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1 head Cauliflower - riced
- 3/4 C Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Leek sliced, large (white parts only)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp High heat oil (for cooking)
- 1/4 C Gluten free flour blend (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 C Almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Garnish with sour cream and scallion
Add riced cauliflower (pre-riced or processed in a food processor), egg, cheese, salt, flour, leek, and milk to a bowl and mix well. Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat. Using a large spoon or ice cream scooper, form patties in the pan. Cook until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and put each patty onto a plate covered in paper towels (to absorb any extra oil).
Serve with sour cream and scallions.