The Loma Linda University Eye Institute holds the following monthly conferences. Continuing Education Credit is available for physicians and optometrists who attend.
Loma Linda University
11370 Anderson Street
Suite # 1800
Loma Linda, CA 92354
1st and 3rd Wednesday each month 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
We invite you to attend our monthly grand rounds conference at the Loma Linda University Eye Institute. Our residents and attending staff present interesting case studies and lectures each month. We also have periodic guest speakers on topics that you will find relevant to your clinical practice. The conferences are certified for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for both physicians and optometrists. It is not necessary to pre-register.
Cost: Free Grand Rounds Live Stream
Fluorescein Angiography Conference
4th Wednesday morning each month 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Our fluorescein angiography conference is designed to provide a comprehensive review of the diagnostic tests used in the evaluation and treatment of retinal disorders. A case presentation format is used, highlighting the application and interpretation of fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography, B-scan ultrasound, and indocyanine green. Angiography. Pre-registration is not necessary.
Fall Optometry Symposium
Location: Loma Linda University
Wong Kerlee International Conference Center
11175 Campus Street, Loma Linda, CA 92350
DATE: Sunday, November 3, 2019
Held each fall, the Loma Linda University Eye Institute hosts an annual optometry conference. In 2016, more than 150 optometrists attended the conference. The conference is certified by the California Board of Optometry for 5.5-hours of continuing education credit (fulfilling 5.5-hours of the TPA requirement).
PDF Downloadable Copies of 2018 OD Symposium Lectures
- Correlate Clinically Flushing Form and Function - Howard Guan MD
- Current research activities at loma linda eye institute 2018 - David Sierpina MD
- Department Overview 2018 - Michael Rauser MD
- Galli Galli Disease - John Affeldt MD
- Go Big or Go Home - Rosalynn Nguyen-Strongin OD
- How to reach them all - preschool vision screening in the inland empire - Jennifer Dunbar MD
- Macular Degeneration Updates - Samuel Kim MD
- Ocular Myasthenia Gravis - Eman Hawy MD
- Ptosis Management in the Aging Adult - Jewel Sandy MD
- Role of OCT and advances in management of macular holes epiretinal membranes and macular edema - KV Chalam
- Update on Corneal Transplantation - Frank Hwang MD
- Visual Manifestations of Stroke - Eman Hawy MD
- What I am doing now that I was not doing one year ago - Michael Rauser MD
Resident Research Day
Location: The Chen Fong Conference Center at the
Damazo Amphitheater -
24760 Steward Street,
Loma Linda, CA 92354
DATE: Friday, May 24, 2019
This annual meeting provides a forum for the Loma Linda University Eye Institute Residency Program to highlight the research of the residency program and department.
Cost: $60 (Non-affiliated Physician’s Fee) / $25 (Non-Physician Fee)