What are the requirements for New Graduate Nurse Residency positions?
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. state-approved and accredited nursing program.
- Must have a current, unencumbered California RN license by the program start date (unless otherwise specified).
- Minimum BSN required.
- Must have a valid Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers card issued by the American Heart Association, no exceptions.
- Must have less than 12 months of RN work experience by the start of the program.
Spring 2020 cohort:
- Last day for NCLEX completion is Friday, March 13, 2020
- A CA RN license must be issued to each applicant by Monday, March 23, 2020
What is the timeline for the Spring 2020 New Graduate Nurse Residency Program?
- Application opens at 8 a.m. on December 9, 2019.
- Last day to apply is 8 a.m. Monday on December 16, 2019.
- Interviews and offers will take place January 20, 2020 - February 21, 2020.
- The program begins the first week of April.
I'm a current Loma Linda University Health employee. Do I need to apply through the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program?
All current employees must complete the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program application In order to be considered for a new graduate RN position.
When does Loma Linda University Health hire new graduate RNs?
In 2020, new graduate nurses will be hired three times per year. Please check back for updated dates and opportunities.
Which units hire new graduate RNs?
The acute care, rehab, intensive care, operating room in the University Medical Center and the adult and youth/young adolescent units from Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center all participate in the residency program. However, unit availability is based on vacancy and facility needs.
Where does the program offer placement?
The program offers placement at:
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Loma Linda University East Campus Hospital
- Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center
How long is the program, and is it a paid program?
The new graduate nursing residency program is a paid, year-long program with employee benefits.
Can I apply for other RN positions listed on the LLUH job posting?
If you are a new graduate nurse with less than 12 months of experience, you must apply through the New Graduate Nurse Residency program. The program is designed to help you gain the skill set and competencies to be successful. We recommend that you NOT apply for any clinical nurse or other RN openings, as these positions require experience.