Academic Conference Schedules
- There is a weekly resident-led conference on topics which alternate weekly. The month is broken up into a Craniofacial lecture, an Aesthetics lecture, a Hand and Upper Extremity lecture, and a Comprehensive and Reconstructive Lecture Topic. Please see below for this year's conference schedule.
- Nasoendoscopy conference is a multidisciplinary conference which occurs every first Wednesday of the month. During this conference, members of the craniofacial team including plastic and ENT surgeons, speech pathologists, pediatricians, and residents review nasoendoscopy videos and come up with a coordinated care plan for our patients.
- Journal club occurs twice a month on the second and third Wednesday. The chief residents select 8 articles from The Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal to be divided between the two days and presented by the residents.
- Morbidity and Mortality is a closed-department conference which occurs on the last Wednesday of every month.
- Twice a year we hold mock Oral Boards for all of our residents. Our PGY V-VI residents prepare Oral Boards style case books to present and discuss with a faculty mentor while the remaining PGY I-IV residents have case presentation based oral board topics with directed faculty guidance.
- Twice a year a Program Evaluation Committee meeting is held in which the faculty and residents review the rotations of the past three months, the academic progress of each resident, and other pertinent department issues. Research updates are discussed and the resident operative case log is reviewed and any discrepancies or deficiencies are addressed.