“I was part of the LLU campus but on the caregiver side when I became sick. I’m eternally grateful to my donor and his family for the kind and selfless act they did in such difficult time on their lives. The heart transplant team has earned my unwavering trust as they quickly intervened when I needed specialized medical care.”
Our heart transplant history traces back to 1984 when newborn Baby Fae received the heart of a baboon and lived for 20 days. Since then, Loma Linda University Health has grown into the internationally recognized leader in infant heart transplantation. We provide heart transplantation for high-risk infants, pediatrics and adult patients with final stage heart disease.
Why Choose Loma Linda University Heart Transplant
- Pioneer in infant heart transplantation
- World’s largest experience in infant heart transplants
- World-class heart transplant care for children and adults
- Full service program with heart failure management
- Support groups, spiritual care and counseling services to ensure all of your physical, emotional and spiritual needs are addressed.
We are the only comprehensive transplant center in the Inland Empire. We have over 50 years of proven innovative transplantation expertise. Our full service program also provides heart failure management. We also offer support groups, spiritual care and counseling services to ensure all of your physical, emotional and spiritual needs are addressed.