Residents who will continue training after 6/30/19 will receive an email generated by New Innovations that will announce the GME Advancement Requirements Checklist is ready. If you are GRADUATING on 6/30/19, please disregard this message and read no further.
You must complete the following items on the Checklist in New Innovations:
- Annual PPD Clearance - due before May 31, 2019
- Respirator Mask Fit Testing - required by Cal-OSHA on an annual basis
- Fit Testing Medical Clearance Form (MANDATORY: Fill out one week prior to Fit Testing to ensure Occupational Medicine approval)
- Online training courses - HIPAA, Compliance, BLUE Book, etc.
- BLS/ACLS Certification Renewal (if BLS, ACLS, or PALS certification expire before 7/31/19)
- GME Contract for academic year 2019-2020
PPD and Fit Testing Sessions
Drop-in for PPD screening & Fit Testing
Dates: April 9th, May 6th, and May 21st
Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Bull Faculty Lounge Room 21100, Coleman Pavilion 2nd floor
Drop-in for PPD readings, don't forget to have your PPD form with you.
Dates: April 11th, May 8th, and May 23rd
Time: 7:00 am - 11:00 am
Location: Resident Lounge Room A590, Medical Center
I can’t attend the drop-in sessions, what do I do?
- TB screening is available in Employee Health FMO Rm 1250 after May 21st and before May 31st.
- Fit Testing - requires completion of pre-test form submitted prior to test. The form is found on the Checklist or from the One Portal page>LLUSS>Environmental Health & Safety>Forms and Documents>Fit Testing Medical Clearance Form (scroll down to near the bottom of the page). You must complete the form and hit SUBMIT. It is routed to Occupational Medicine for review and then the form is routed back to you by email. Make sure you print the reviewed form and bring it to the Fit Testing Clinic (see schedule of available dates & locations of Fit Tests).
- Contracts-Available on the GME Advancement Requirements checklist on New Innovations soon. Residents may not work after June 30th unless they have a signed contract.
I am graduating 7/31/19. Do I have to do this?
YES But graduating seniors who are leaving Loma Linda between 6/30/18 and 7/31/18 are exempt from the online training course requirements.
What happens if I fail to complete the items on my checklist?
Failure to complete the items on the checklist by 6/30/19 will result in the resident being pulled off service.
Where do I go to get my PPD test read?
Drop-in PPD reads are offered on 4/9/19, 5/21/19, and 5/23/19 between 7 am - 11 am in the Resident Lounge MC A590. After those dates, go to Employee Health at the FMO Room 1250 for PPD health clearance. The clearance form that you are provided must be routed to the GME Office. Upload it to the checklist or email it to the GME Office. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.