Eight openings will be available at the first-year level on July 1st of each year. Appointments are made for one year and renewed at the end of each year on the basis of satisfactory performance. Advancements are made annually so that a parallel system is in effect. Only under unusual circumstances are appointments considered at other than the first-year level or at times other than July 1st. To ensure adequate consideration, applications for appointment (through ERAS) should be completed as early as possible, and not later than October 1.
Specialty-Wide Standards for the Ob/GYN Residency Application and Interview Processes
Our residency program will be following the recommendations from the Council on Residency Education (CREOG) and the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO), starting in the 2019-2020 interview season.
- Our final Ob/GYN residency application deadline will be October 1, 2019.
- We limit our program interview invitations to the number of interview slots available.
- Applicants will have a minimum of 72 hours after the interview invitation email has been sent to respond.
- We will release our initial interview invitations on October 8, 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of their status (invited for interview; wait-listed; or rejected) by November 22, 2019.
Before final consideration can be given, however, a personal interview will be necessary. The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics participates in the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). The following items need to be in your ERAS file--we do not accept paper applications, letters, etc.:
- ERAS file application
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Official medical school transcript(s)
- Medical school diploma (unless graduation pending)
- Minimum of three recommendation letters, one from OB/GYN
- Copies of scores for each examination taken (USMLE and COMLEX, if applicable)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae accounting for all time periods since medical school enrollment
- For applicants with previous training: reference letter from program director and copy of medical license, if applicable
Interviews are generally conducted from mid-November through January. Applicants granted interviews will be notified through ERAS.
Questions and information may be directed to:
Eileen Griego, Residency Coordinator
Danielle Mason, MD, Residency Program Director
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Loma Linda University Medical Center - Coleman Pavilion
11234 Anderson Street, Suite 11105
Loma Linda, California 92350